GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- New Tinder-Style App Aims to Help Parents of Picky Eaters – When to Wonder: Picky Eating helps parents know what to cook for their children by splitting food into two categories, ‘Yum’ or ‘Yucky’.
- MeetBrides is so proud to announce some of the amazing changes – The romantic social network has introduced a range of new features to mark six years since it launched.
- Port Adelaide Start Dating Service For Power Fans Only – The Australian Rules Football Club will be setting up 22 fans and sending them on first dates at home matches.
- New App Uses AI To Set Up Online Dating – Icebrkr launched in Boston on Valentine’s Day and comes with a virtual dating coach to help singles be as successful as possible.
- Celtic fans launch version of Tinder for would-be romantics to bond over love of Hoops – The TIMber app was created to connect single supporters of the Scottish football team.
- How one website is taking aim at making online dating safer – Good Girls Like Bad Boys lets users see background checks on potential matches before deciding to interact with them.
- Meet Positives Announces Genital Herpes On The Rise Among Women – The founder of Meet Positives said: “About 1 in every 4 women in the US has genital herpes, but over 90% are not aware that they are infected.”
- This Dutch startup wants to become the ‘Tinder’ for startups and investors – Investors can use Fundsup to indicate their investment criteria by means of filters and find interesting new deals.