GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Online Dating for Seniors Just Got Easier with Datingover50.net – The service promises to help singles not only find connections, but to do so securely.
- A Kent student has created a ‘dating’ app which could revolutionise animal adoption – Jaye Graham, an Economics and Sociology student at the University of Kent, won a £1,000 investment last year from the Kent Business School for the idea.
- I Tested an App That Provides a Live Soundtrack to Sex – It works by measuring the rhythm, and intuitively syncing music with that tempo – in theory, creating the perfect playlist.
- Casualx, a Craigslist Personals Alternative App, Saw Traffic Increase by 200% in April – Casualx, casual encounter app and an alternative to Craigslist personals and Backpage, has seen a huge traffic increase after the FOSTA bill passed by Congress.
- Vegamory: A Vegan Dating Platform launches Kickstarter Campaign! – The creators of this project are seeking generous community support by launching a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter.
- Over50Chatroom.com Revamps its Chat Interface to Allow Users to View More Cams – This website offers its users a chance to meet and chat with thousands of other eligible seniors.
- Vyve, A New Dating App, Only Shows Photos After You Start A Conversation & It’s Fascinating – New dating app Vyve emphasizes users’ personalities above all else — it’s ideal if you want to get to know someone well.
- Dating Website DateBritishGuys.com Have Transformed Their Website in Time for the Royal Wedding – The new website is completely different, boasting a modern design and a lighting fast user interface.
- Locally made mobile app aims to simplify the dating scene – Cut to the Chase allows users to select a gender, age range and location for their potential matches, and leaves the rest to authentic chemistry.