GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Zingr: Local Social App to Find and Connect With New Friends Nearby – The app helps users find nearby people with similar interests and share trending media files.
- Groovoo: Social networking app for events and popular places – Connects people who are already going to the same event so they can meet up before, during or after.
- SpaarK: Dating App With Privacy – Users have anonymous bios so they match on compatible personalities before finding out what they look like.
- Persona: Date People, Not Profiles – Users go on multiple blind dates using just their voices to make sure they are connecting with the person rather than the profile.
- Lystn: Are you ready to look beyond looks? – Users record audio introductions that gradually reveal the pictures while a potential match is listening.