GDI is constantly on the lookout for new players in the online dating market, disruptive business models and innovative technologies. Make sure you catch the Startup Roundup every Friday by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
Startup news this week:
- Blindlee: Blind speed dating over 3-minute blurred video calls – The woman controls the strength of the video’s blur throughout the fun, ice-breaking process.
- Flirt: It all starts with flirting – Singles can find casual, flirty conversations in an array of free online chatrooms.
- Dating Republic: Welcome To Dating Republic – Users play the ‘Encounters’ game as they swipe through profiles and match with whoever catches their eye.
- NIM, the first members-only dating app for Muslims, banks on commitment – Halal features allow users’ friends and family to discuss potential matches, suggest prospects and chaperone a chat.
- WeDate: It starts with a date – The app works in reverse as singles choose which dating activity they’d like to do before finding someone to go with.