Bumble and Spark Networks are expected to launch their Q2’22 financial results next week. Spark networks are expected to launch their results on Tuesday, 9th August, whilst Bumble are expected to launch their results on Wednesday, 10th August.
The results come a week after Match Group announced their Q2’22 financial results. In a disappointing quarter, Match group annouced:
- Total Revenue grew 12% over the prior year quarter to $795 million (19% growth on a foreign exchange (“FX”) neutral basis).
- Operating Loss of $10 million driven by a $217 million impairment of intangibles relating to the Hyperconnect acquisition.
- Adjusted Operating Income was $286 million, an increase of 9% over the prior year quarter, representing an Adjusted Operating Income Margin of 36%.
- Payers increased 10% to 16.4 million, up from 15.0 million in the prior year quarter.
- RPP increased 3% over the prior year quarter to $15.86.
- Tinder Direct Revenue grew 13% over the prior year quarter driven by 14% Payers growth to 10.9 million partially offset by a RPP decline of 1%.
- All Other Brands collectively grew Direct Revenue 12% year-over-year, driven by 10% RPP growth and 2% Payers growth to 5.5 million.
- Year-to-date 2022 Operating Cash Flow and Free Cash Flow were $20 million and negative $7 million, respectively, driven by the $441 million payment related to the previously disclosed Tinder litigation settlement.
Following the launch, Match Group also announced the departure of Tinder CEO Renate Nyborg, less than a year after taking on the role.
Keep an eye out next week, where GDI will bring you the full financial results from both Bumble and Spark Networks.